Friday, August 21, 2009

More whining about health care

More whining about health care reform is available in my Smile Politely column this week: Compromised reform.

I'm trying to figure out why I'm suddenly feeling political again. I've been dormant these last 9 months, and content to mostly ignore the Birthers and the Teabaggers. But now they are scuttling health care, and Obama and the Dems seem content to let them. This is something important and vital to a lot of real people, so my ire is up.

But instead of reading my column, you really should read Roger Ebert's two excellent posts about health care reform: Death Panels: A most excellent term, and I'm safe on board. Pull up the life rope. That guy can write.

1 comment:

Fingtree said...

As always Dan; much respect to you on your Smile Politely column. I like the infection metaphor. I'm pleased to see you have come out of the (political) closet. There is no comfort zone in politics unfortunately.
Roger Ebert's posts are fantastic! Nice to see a man that could easily think like a pretentiously smug Republican, with the means, fame and influence, has the intelligence to discern right and wrong on an issue that effects us all, despite politics.