Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tuesday at the Pool

I took the kids to Shalom pool today in Champaign. It was a lot like caddie day.

It alternated between this:




and this:



Nonetheless, it was Tuesday afternoon and I was at the pool. You know the old saying: A day at the pool with thousands of people thrashing around and evacuating every so often because kids keep pooping in it is better than a day at work.

I think it should be amended: A day where you have the opportunity to go to the pool with thousands of people thrashing around and evacuating every so often because kids keep pooping in it is better than a day where you are required to go to work.

All in all, I think the idea of going to the pool is better than actually going to the pool. I would have preferred to write silly blog entries.

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Recently saw a bit on The Daily Show where the actor John Hodgman (PC on those Apple commercials) winces and gags at the thought of going to a public pool. "I'm just trying get the taste of Band-Aids and urine out of my mouth."

Dan S said...

I love John Hodgman

Amy said...

The only reason I go to the pool (practically every day) is because my kids get real tired and sleep on the way home. And maybe, just maybe, they'll leave me alone for 5 minutes so I can read at the pool.

That's sad.