Monday, October 06, 2008

Weekend Funnies

As a liberal blogger, I am contractually bound to post the SNL debate parody, so let's get that out of the way:





I'm actually surprised at how funny SNL's political content has been lately. Their news segments are usually just lame compared to The Daily Show. I'm impressed they can put so much meat into their political commentary so suddenly. They even made Biden funny.

And speaking of The Daily Show, last Thursday's segment was especially good. Whoever thought up the Gollum bit deserves a raise:





Finally, here is a picture that's been making its way across the internets. Funny or just mean? I report, you decide.




The big question I have is this: Does any of this humor make a difference in how people vote, or is it just preaching to the choir? Yes, it makes conservatives angry to be called on their foibles, and probably doesn't convince them of anything. But I hold out the hope that humor can help frame what is going on in the world and that it does affect how people end up seeing things.

1 comment:

Josie said...

love the flow chart... surprisingly i hadn't seen it.... great stuff!!

I honestly can't wait for elections to be over.